Thanks to all of you who’ve offered notes and feedback on Collections since it launched last week. We’ve released some updates today, some planned, and some based on your feedback:
- To simplify Collection creation, we now automatically create Collections from all your albums on Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, and SmugMug when you connect those accounts. Privacy settings are preserved, so private albums on those services are imported as private Collections. You can delete any Collections you don’t want from your Timeline.
- We now support SmugMug as a photo source. You can link up SmugMug from the Add Photo form in a Collection or from your Settings page.
- When albums are imported, we now sort photos from left to right, oldest to newest by time snapped.
- Within each Collection, you can now drag and insert or drag and swap content cards to achieve the exact ordering you desire. Drag any item on top of another item to swap the position of those two items. Drag any item to a border between two items to insert that item there and shift other items to accommodate it.
- Now, when you are inside a Collection and add an item, we drop it into the Collection in the upper left corner of the section of the Collection you’re viewing at that moment.
- We’ve increased the number of photos you can add in one batch to 100 from 50, and we’ve increased the maximum number of items per Collection to 500 from 250.
- A few assorted performance improvements and bug fixes.
More big updates are on the way shortly, so stay tuned! As always, your feedback, suggestions, and requests are welcome.